The Included Power Supply
As I mentioned, the Sileo 500 can be purchased with or without the power supply. Our sample came with this one; the Cooler Master RS-500-PCAR-A3 eXtreme Power Plus 500 watt power supply. This PSU boasts an over 70% efficiency which isn't great, but is much better than the "standard included" power supplies that typically accompany budget priced chassis'.
I took this chart directly from Cooler Masters site as I felt it answered most of the questions about the capabilities and finer points of the PSU.
Getting a closer view of the label shows this PSU is capable of driving most systems. As you will see in a bit, the connections limit you from overloading the 36 amps this power supply is rated to push.
Connectivity to optical drives and multiple hard drives is not an issue; the only limit to the RS-500 is the solo 6-pin PCI-e power lead. Again, this keeps one from attempting to overload this power supply with say a GTX 280. Going clockwise, there is the 20+4-pin and the 4+4-pin CPU power leads. Just below those is the single 6-pin PCI-e power lead.
From about 3:30 to 5:30 on the dial is one lead that includes two SATA power connectors and is terminated with a 4-pin molex connection. The same set up can be found on the lead in the six o'clock position. That leaves the last lead of connections which includes three 4-pin molex connections that terminate with a 3-pin FDD connector.
One last look at this black beauty of a power supply, this time to get a good look at the intake. There's a 120mm fan powering the airflow to the well ventilated rear panel. The fan is pushing and removing what heat may arise during full on gaming sessions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM