We wanted the Patriot Viper II PC3-16000 kit to perform well and it didn't disappoint. It sat up there with the Dominator GT kit from Corsair which uses the same speed and timings. What we did find, though, is that in all our tests the Patriot kit managed to edge out the Corsair one with an extra few MB/s here and there.
While that is already a good feat in itself, Patriot manage to do this at a lower price point which is no doubt going to be appreciated by many people. One aspect that helps keep the price down is the lack of active cooling being included in the kit and while there's no doubt that active cooling does give a cooler look to the modules, it's clear that it isn't needed.
The Viper II kit from Patriot here is really a no frills PC3-16000 kit. While more expensive than 9-9-9-24 kits, it manages to offer a nice performance jump in the synthetic world and while this doesn't matter to some, for people who are into their benchmarking these higher numbers will be appreciated.
We've got a good quality 2000MHz kit here that carries with it some good timings and isn't quite as painful on the bank account as other kits using the same timings. If you don't want the active cooling, want to save a few dollars yet have all the performance that a $300+ kit offers, this $264.99 kit from Patriot is a real winner. If that wasn't enough in itself, you also get a key to make your 3DMark Vantage copy a full version which is a nice little bonus.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz