We wanted the Patriot Viper II PC3-16000 kit to perform well and it didn't disappoint. It sat up there with the Dominator GT kit from Corsair which uses the same speed and timings. What we did find, though, is that in all our tests the Patriot kit managed to edge out the Corsair one with an extra few MB/s here and there.
While that is already a good feat in itself, Patriot manage to do this at a lower price point which is no doubt going to be appreciated by many people. One aspect that helps keep the price down is the lack of active cooling being included in the kit and while there's no doubt that active cooling does give a cooler look to the modules, it's clear that it isn't needed.
The Viper II kit from Patriot here is really a no frills PC3-16000 kit. While more expensive than 9-9-9-24 kits, it manages to offer a nice performance jump in the synthetic world and while this doesn't matter to some, for people who are into their benchmarking these higher numbers will be appreciated.
We've got a good quality 2000MHz kit here that carries with it some good timings and isn't quite as painful on the bank account as other kits using the same timings. If you don't want the active cooling, want to save a few dollars yet have all the performance that a $300+ kit offers, this $264.99 kit from Patriot is a real winner. If that wasn't enough in itself, you also get a key to make your 3DMark Vantage copy a full version which is a nice little bonus.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1/2 screenshots & Rookie mode
- Vivo's next smartphone could feature a huge 10GB of RAM
- Ruin the fun in our 'Blockers' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Make a noise for our 'A Quiet Place' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit