I usually don't start off my final thoughts with an image, but I found this image to be very fitting, with the GELID GC-2 standing tall amongst its competition. GC-2 has been a pleasure to work with for testing, as the results are superior to the others and it is still easy to apply and clean up when needed.
Out of sheer laziness, I have only one small thing that isn't really a complaint as much as it is just odd. Most compounds I have used to date spread averagely well with a naked finger and a bit of spreading it around. With the GC-2 I found it to clump and collect on the end of my finger, leaving just a film on the IHS of the processor. Of course, GELID ships the spreader to alleviate this issue, but I know many others use their fingers to get the job done quickly. As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. So take your time with the application and your efforts will be rewarded.
The results stand for themselves. I mean, what else can I say? GELID's GC-2 handled the competition and was ready to keep cooling. With a suggested price of around $7 it puts others tested in their place. Some of our test samples are more expensive and with TIM you don't always get what you pay for. When the TIM you currently own runs dry, I highly suggest you try a tube of GC-2, you won't be disappointed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [GELID GC-2 Premium Thermal Compound]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- Cooler Master introduces MasterWatt power supply series
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard