I usually don't start off my final thoughts with an image, but I found this image to be very fitting, with the GELID GC-2 standing tall amongst its competition. GC-2 has been a pleasure to work with for testing, as the results are superior to the others and it is still easy to apply and clean up when needed.
Out of sheer laziness, I have only one small thing that isn't really a complaint as much as it is just odd. Most compounds I have used to date spread averagely well with a naked finger and a bit of spreading it around. With the GC-2 I found it to clump and collect on the end of my finger, leaving just a film on the IHS of the processor. Of course, GELID ships the spreader to alleviate this issue, but I know many others use their fingers to get the job done quickly. As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. So take your time with the application and your efforts will be rewarded.
The results stand for themselves. I mean, what else can I say? GELID's GC-2 handled the competition and was ready to keep cooling. With a suggested price of around $7 it puts others tested in their place. Some of our test samples are more expensive and with TIM you don't always get what you pay for. When the TIM you currently own runs dry, I highly suggest you try a tube of GC-2, you won't be disappointed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [GELID GC-2 Premium Thermal Compound]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon listing leaks Shadow of the Tomb Raider screenshots
- Far Cry 5: 2.5 million sold, digital sales 500% over Primal
- Fortnite made $223 million in March, 'king of battle royale'
- Epic: 'Battle. Adapt. Win' tease for Season 4 of Fortnite
- PC Building Simulator sells 100,000 copies in 30 days
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit