Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Specific Gravity of more than 2.8c/cm³
Net Contents are 7 grams
Optimal Heat Conductivity
Low Thermal Resistance
Going through the bullet points, the specific gravity of the GC-2 means it is 2.8 times denser than water. The rest of the specifications and features listed are something that not all TIM manufacturers offer. Non-conductivity is a big thing to look for in any compound choice, as it keeps accidental electrical transfers from happening if the compound gets onto charged components. On top of that, GC-2 is both non-corrosive and non-bleeding, the first of which means that you won't have the compound "eating" into any of the metal surfaces. The second means as it heats up, the TIM shouldn't "melt" from under the heatsink. The non-curing aspect is also a plus, as you get immediate "real time" results with GC-2. GELID doesn't make you wait up to 200 hours for the TIM to "set-in". All those things in mind, GELID is still able to make a compound that is easy on the user to apply and in its uses for all your TIM needs.
GC-2 Premium Thermal Compound is still very fresh in the release and is obtainable, but at an obscure e-tailer at this time. Since it is so fresh to the market, a bit of time is needed for GELID to get GC-2 on the more regularly shopped spots. If you have to have it, you can find it, but I always suggest getting TIM with another purchase to help offset the shipping cost.
I was only able to find one e-tailer listing the compound other than an e-bay listing. This lone retailer is FeppaSpot.com and as you can see the price is right smack in the middle of competitive. The suggested retail from GELID was supposed to be $7 for a 7 gram tube, but as you can see from the link it is being offered for a bit less. Pricing themselves at or below the competition I am about to test, this is not only good business, but if the compound is better it's a major win for potential users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [GELID GC-2 Premium Thermal Compound]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path to Mnemosyne announced to debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit