The Patriot G Series PC3-12800 kit does exactly what you want out of a kit of this caliber. For 101.99 U.S. Dollars over at Newegg you're getting 6GB of GDDR3 memory that's going to offer better performance than a stock clock and give you a bit more wiggle room in the overclocking department.
In the synthetic world the extra performance that a 2000MHz kit offers can clearly be seen, but when you're talking about gaming, the stuff that really matters to a lot of people, three times the money hardly get's you three times the performance; it doesn't even get you three FPS extra in many cases.
Lacking extras like fancy cooling, the G Series kit we have here today from Patriot doesn't have the show of other kits, but manages to perform well and best of all it does this at a great price point.
If you find yourself wanting a few more MHz out of the kit, hopefully you don't have any trouble squeezing a 100 odd MHz out of the PC3-12800 kit we have here to get around the 1700MHz mark. While that's not going to do a whole lot for your overall gaming experience, there's nothing wrong with an extra few MHz under the hood.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pornhub traffic hardens when YouTube went limp during crash
- Darksiders III will be around 15+ of gameplay, HDR supported
- Rocket League to go 4K/60FPS on Xbox One X, likely crossplay
- SEGA announces Sonic franchise has shipped 800 million units
- Dynasty Warriors 8 hacks n' slashes its way onto the Switch
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam