To give you a better idea of the sizes involved, this front of case shot shows how a full sized CD-ROM drive dominates the internal space of the casing, leaving barely enough room for a motherboard to fit beneath it.
So how does it run after shoe-horning the system together?
Booting up the system and leaving it to settle for 10 mins before taking some temperatures, we can see that it starts off initially quite acceptable at 41 deg C.
This is expected form a compact system where airflow is restricted and there are a lot of heat generating components close together (HDD, graphics, CPU, PSU).
After running Prime95 for 10 mins on both cores, we can see the temperature shoots right up to 67 deg C which is worryingly high for a system that can't exhaust heat as fast as regular systems can.
I feel that the system setup might be a bit too compact for this fan, with the need for more intake and exhausting fans to keep the heat down. Prolonged running of the system under load could easily result in thermal runaway and potentially damaged components.
I suggest to anyone building a slim system that if you choose this HSF to consider your airflow carefully and maximise it where possible.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharp's 70-inch 8K TV starts shipping, costs around $13,800
- Samsung's new 34-foot Onyx: portable 4K cinema screens
- New Dragon Age could be mainline sequel
- Halo devs: PC community is very important to us
- Modded Halo Online PC project under fire by Microsoft
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit