To give you a better idea of the sizes involved, this front of case shot shows how a full sized CD-ROM drive dominates the internal space of the casing, leaving barely enough room for a motherboard to fit beneath it.
So how does it run after shoe-horning the system together?
Booting up the system and leaving it to settle for 10 mins before taking some temperatures, we can see that it starts off initially quite acceptable at 41 deg C.
This is expected form a compact system where airflow is restricted and there are a lot of heat generating components close together (HDD, graphics, CPU, PSU).
After running Prime95 for 10 mins on both cores, we can see the temperature shoots right up to 67 deg C which is worryingly high for a system that can't exhaust heat as fast as regular systems can.
I feel that the system setup might be a bit too compact for this fan, with the need for more intake and exhausting fans to keep the heat down. Prolonged running of the system under load could easily result in thermal runaway and potentially damaged components.
I suggest to anyone building a slim system that if you choose this HSF to consider your airflow carefully and maximise it where possible.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds physical copy teased for Xbox One
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard