Well, color me impressed; the little inexpensive TPE-S44 provided me with more than enough power and bandwidth to run both of my IP cameras (one at 100 feet) and did not affect the rest of my Gigabit network. I have had 10/100 devices (switches and NICs) cause massive slowdowns when plugged into Gigabit networks, but this was not the case.
The TPE-S44 was also able to handle the traffic created when one of the TV-IP422W cameras was recording an event. Given the price of getting an electrician out to run outside grade power sockets to remote areas of your home, these PoE products from TRENDnet are a steal. You can run IP cameras out to just about any area of your home for the cost of a Cat-5 cable and a splitter if you need it.
If you are thinking about setting up a nice home security system and are worried about the costs, the TPE-S44, the TPE-112GS and even the TPE-111GI should definitely be on your shopping list.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIVEAWAY: ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Pro Gaming i9 XE boards
- Battle royale revenue to grow 600% in 2018
- Fortnite makes over $1 billion in less than a year
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit