Accessories and Documentation
First, let's discuss the mounting hardware. The AMD bracket that uses the central "nub" in the base is what I was accustomed to with my CNPS9500. The issue with AMD is that the heatpipes block one way of installation so this cooler may not configure correctly due to the orientation of some AMD motherboard sockets. Above this is the i7 mounting to the left and the i5 and LGA775 combination mounting brackets. The way these work is you have to screw the black plastic base to the motherboard. Once that is completed, you rock the metal bit around the base and it holds onto the sides of the cooler base. Drop both the cooler and the bracket onto the plastic base and secure it with the four screws. For the i5 / LGA775 it is a bit more involved as it uses a few additional parts included in the kit.
Zalman is very thorough with the included "tidbits" they ship with the CNPS10X Extreme. The manual at top center is very easy to follow. Reading it thoroughly prior to use of this cooler is highly recommended, so you may familiarize yourself with all the finer points of this cooler.
Below, starting from the left is about two feet of extension cable for the fan controller. Next to that are four washers used during mounting atop of the included, double sided, foam tape to mount the controller. There's also a Zalman sticker for your case, four mounting screws for Intel and the i5 / LGA775 locking pins (refer to the manual, as these can be a bit tricky to install). Last but not least is a tube of Zalman's own ZM-STG2 Super Thermal Grease.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony's PS4 DualShock 4 gamepad: the most popular controller
- Tekken 7 receives a free DLC to celebrate 1-year anniversary
- Batman: Arkham developer to announce Superman game before E3
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance's modding tools/DLC's will be free
- Stardew Valley mod adds MEGA farm: unlimited online players
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit