Accessories and Documentation
First, let's discuss the mounting hardware. The AMD bracket that uses the central "nub" in the base is what I was accustomed to with my CNPS9500. The issue with AMD is that the heatpipes block one way of installation so this cooler may not configure correctly due to the orientation of some AMD motherboard sockets. Above this is the i7 mounting to the left and the i5 and LGA775 combination mounting brackets. The way these work is you have to screw the black plastic base to the motherboard. Once that is completed, you rock the metal bit around the base and it holds onto the sides of the cooler base. Drop both the cooler and the bracket onto the plastic base and secure it with the four screws. For the i5 / LGA775 it is a bit more involved as it uses a few additional parts included in the kit.
Zalman is very thorough with the included "tidbits" they ship with the CNPS10X Extreme. The manual at top center is very easy to follow. Reading it thoroughly prior to use of this cooler is highly recommended, so you may familiarize yourself with all the finer points of this cooler.
Below, starting from the left is about two feet of extension cable for the fan controller. Next to that are four washers used during mounting atop of the included, double sided, foam tape to mount the controller. There's also a Zalman sticker for your case, four mounting screws for Intel and the i5 / LGA775 locking pins (refer to the manual, as these can be a bit tricky to install). Last but not least is a tube of Zalman's own ZM-STG2 Super Thermal Grease.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM