In summary, we were very impressed with the Abit KX7-333R. It provides high performance, great stability, a good layout and at a price of around US$115, it is also relatively cheap. Sure, it is not the most feature-packed KT333 motherboard on the market, but you have to remember that Abit is targeting this board at the enthusiast market and it would be impossible to pack the board with integrated features while still keeping a low price. You should also note that Abit has had an integrated, legacy free version of the KX7-333R on the market for some time now, called the AT7.
The four DIMM slots and 6 PCI slots were a welcome addition, however, I was slightly disappointed to see the lack of USB 2.0 support, as this has become standard on most modern motherboards; even ones directed at the budget market. The bottom line is, if you are looking for a low cost, high performance, highly tweakable motherboard for the SocketA platform and don't require any integrated features besides RAID, I highly recommend the Abit KX7-333R.
Highly tweakable BIOS
4 DIMM slots
6 PCI slots
Lacks USB 2.0
Comparatively small software bundle
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 6 [Benchmarking]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 7 [Benchmarking Cont.]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 32, RX Vega 28 rumored to be coming
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM