In summary, we were very impressed with the Abit KX7-333R. It provides high performance, great stability, a good layout and at a price of around US$115, it is also relatively cheap. Sure, it is not the most feature-packed KT333 motherboard on the market, but you have to remember that Abit is targeting this board at the enthusiast market and it would be impossible to pack the board with integrated features while still keeping a low price. You should also note that Abit has had an integrated, legacy free version of the KX7-333R on the market for some time now, called the AT7.
The four DIMM slots and 6 PCI slots were a welcome addition, however, I was slightly disappointed to see the lack of USB 2.0 support, as this has become standard on most modern motherboards; even ones directed at the budget market. The bottom line is, if you are looking for a low cost, high performance, highly tweakable motherboard for the SocketA platform and don't require any integrated features besides RAID, I highly recommend the Abit KX7-333R.
Highly tweakable BIOS
4 DIMM slots
6 PCI slots
Lacks USB 2.0
Comparatively small software bundle
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 6 [Benchmarking]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 7 [Benchmarking Cont.]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- THQ Nordic has 34 unannounced projects in development
- THQ buys Timesplitters IP
- Diablo III coming to Nintendo Switch
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution