In summary, we were very impressed with the Abit KX7-333R. It provides high performance, great stability, a good layout and at a price of around US$115, it is also relatively cheap. Sure, it is not the most feature-packed KT333 motherboard on the market, but you have to remember that Abit is targeting this board at the enthusiast market and it would be impossible to pack the board with integrated features while still keeping a low price. You should also note that Abit has had an integrated, legacy free version of the KX7-333R on the market for some time now, called the AT7.
The four DIMM slots and 6 PCI slots were a welcome addition, however, I was slightly disappointed to see the lack of USB 2.0 support, as this has become standard on most modern motherboards; even ones directed at the budget market. The bottom line is, if you are looking for a low cost, high performance, highly tweakable motherboard for the SocketA platform and don't require any integrated features besides RAID, I highly recommend the Abit KX7-333R.
Highly tweakable BIOS
4 DIMM slots
6 PCI slots
Lacks USB 2.0
Comparatively small software bundle
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 6 [Benchmarking]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 7 [Benchmarking Cont.]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Stadia's save sharing feature is revolutionary
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Capcom release Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack on Spotify/Steam
- Sixth Goku iteration added to Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Kotal Kahn gets bodied in his own Mortal Kombat 11 reveal
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023