The KX7-333R isn't exactly feature-packed, but there are a few important additions you should know about. Firstly, 2-channel ATA133 RAID is provided through the Highpoint HPT372 controller. This means support for a total of four IDE devices on the RAID controller, and another four devices on the regular ATA133 controller - making support for a total of eight IDE devices.
Something that I was slightly disappointed with was the lack of USB 2.0 support. This is a standard on most modern motherboards and I was surprised to see Abit overlook it on the KX7-333R. That said, there are currently very few products on the market that require USB 2.0 so the lack of support on the KX7-333R will only affect users that are looking at upgrading to USB 2.0 within the next three months or so.
Another feature the KX7-333R lacks is onboard audio. This can be viewed as a pro and a con, but I view it as a definite positive. Firstly, most enthusiasts (the market Abit is targeting with this board) wouldn't even think about using an onboard audio solution because the sound quality isn't nearly as good as what you can potentially get from a regular sound card. Also, a PCI audio solution is much more logical because if onboard audio is enabled, you may suffer a significant performance loss; even up to 30% in Quake III Arena.
The KX7-333R also features a 3-phase power solution, as indicated by the MOSFETs in the below picture. This reduces heat generated by the voltage regulators for the CPU because instead of using two voltage regulators (to convert the 5v to 1.7v) it uses three of them. This allows more wattage and amperage to pass through without heating up the regulators, capacitors and MOSFETs.
Cooling the KT333 Northbridge is the usual heatsink/fan unit that we have seen on most Abit motherboards for some time now. Although an active cooler is not required for the KT333 Northbridge, it was a thoughtful inclusion by Abit to ensure stability at overclocked speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 6 [Benchmarking]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 7 [Benchmarking Cont.]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony's PS4 DualShock 4 gamepad: the most popular controller
- Tekken 7 receives a free DLC to celebrate 1-year anniversary
- Batman: Arkham developer to announce Superman game before E3
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance's modding tools/DLC's will be free
- Stardew Valley mod adds MEGA farm: unlimited online players
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit