The KX7-333R features a slot layout of 6 PCI, 1 AGP and 4 DIMM. An important thing to note is that Abit has decided not to include any ISA, CNR or AMR slots on the KR7A. This is a smart decision as not many people own devices that require these slots anymore and they usually end up taking up space on the motherboard that can be used for other things. In the case of the KX7-333R, 6 PCI slots and 4 DIMM slots were included, which is something rarely seen on current motherboards.
One thing to note is that the KX7-333R features basically an identical layout to its predecessor, the KR7A. The power connectors and IDE/Floppy connectors are in the same position, as is the CPU socket and basically all of its onboard controllers. This is surely not a bad thing at all, but it was worth noting in this review. The ATX power header has been smartly placed in between the DIMM slots and the CPU socket. This is a great position for the power header because unlike previous board layouts, you do not need to run the thick power cable over your heatsink/fan unit, restricting airflow. The IDE and Floppy connectors were also smartly placed, allowing easy installation of drives once the board has been installed into your PC.
There is plenty of room around the CPU socket for any large heatsink/fan units you may be looking to install. There is also a temperature sensor located inside the socket which is where most motherboard monitor software gets its CPU temperature readings. This is not the best place for the sensor to be located as it is not directly touching the core, however, it is able to give you an average idea of how hot your processor is running.
It is also worth noting that there is a small piece of plastic under the lugs of the CPU socket. This ensures that you do not scratch your motherboard and in effect, render it useless while installing your heatsink/fan unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 6 [Benchmarking]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 7 [Benchmarking Cont.]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's Xbox division earned $2.251 billion last quarter
- Amazon listing leaks Shadow of the Tomb Raider screenshots
- Far Cry 5: 2.5 million sold, digital sales 500% over Primal
- Fortnite made $223 million in March, 'king of battle royale'
- Epic: 'Battle. Adapt. Win' tease for Season 4 of Fortnite
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit