While everyone is pushing for Intel with their enthusiast level platforms, AMD still has a very good place for a more budget conscious CPU with a good kick and it's good to see that good quality boards are still coming out consistently for them. GIGABYTE has always been a good AMD partner and the 790FXT is another one of their long running high quality boards.
The features of the board are extremely impressive, as is the performance. Overclocking on AMD needs a bit more tweaking, but we are seeing things getting better with their upcoming CPUs.
In all, this board is a great choice for the price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 8 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- NVIDIA RTX technology: real-time ray tracing for games
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- D-Link EXO AC2600 Wireless Router Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit