After a few days of playing with the new iPhone 3GS I have found myself missing the freedom I had with my jailbroken 3G. It's true that I did not have the speed I have now, but I miss the ability to really make the phone mine. Most of the items that I find myself using would have been available in the 3G with an OS 3.0 upgrade and I would have gotten more with a quick jailbreak.
I do not see the current implementation of Voice Control or the magnetic compass as compelling enough to be worthy of an upgrade if you have a jailbroken 3G with OS 3.0. Even if you are new to the iPhone scene you might still be better off with a $99 8GB 3G and redsn0w.
Considering the hype that was evident at the WWDC launch of the iPhone 3GS, I feel let down by this new release and have been having buyers' remorse, something I have never had with a new gadget before.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 8700K benchmarks: 10% faster than 7700K at stock clocks
- COLORFUL's new iGame SSDs: up to 3GB/sec read with RGB
- What if Certain Affinity is making a free-to-play Halo?
- Square Enix commits to games as a service business model
- SAG-AFTRA video game voice actor strike ends
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM