After a few days of playing with the new iPhone 3GS I have found myself missing the freedom I had with my jailbroken 3G. It's true that I did not have the speed I have now, but I miss the ability to really make the phone mine. Most of the items that I find myself using would have been available in the 3G with an OS 3.0 upgrade and I would have gotten more with a quick jailbreak.
I do not see the current implementation of Voice Control or the magnetic compass as compelling enough to be worthy of an upgrade if you have a jailbroken 3G with OS 3.0. Even if you are new to the iPhone scene you might still be better off with a $99 8GB 3G and redsn0w.
Considering the hype that was evident at the WWDC launch of the iPhone 3GS, I feel let down by this new release and have been having buyers' remorse, something I have never had with a new gadget before.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit