Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
With most five-pipe cooler configuration coolers, when tested on smaller LGA775 and, as in our case, a socket 939 IHS, the contact pad doesn't always utilize the outer two heatpipes, depending on the spacing within the base. Even with our smaller 939 IHS I was still able to get contact on the majority of the outer two heatpipes. When using an i7 the contact patch would only be better allowing the outer two pipes to take a bit more of the load off the centre three.
Comparing the HP-1216 with a maximum temperature of 57.9 ° Celsius, XtremeGear has done quite a good job in their design and implementation of a good partnering fan. The HP-1216 can hang with both the Xigmatek Thor's Hammer, which CyberPower currently offers, as well as the Noctua NH-U12, both with a single fan.
The noise levels aren't great, comparable to both dual fan set ups on the list. Once inside the case during daily use, the noise is less pronounced. I run my fan directly off the motherboard header and apply 12V constant to it; during games this fan is often eclipsed by my graphics card's fan ramping via its own BIOS settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The XtremeGear Xtreme Cooler HP-1216 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard