Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Processor: Intel Core i7 975 EE
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5
Memory: Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 6GB DDR3 Kit
Graphics Card: Dual GIGABYTE GTX 285 in SLi
Power Supply: Thermaltake ToughPower 1000w
Hard Disk (Boot): Dual Western Digital VelociRaptors in RAID 0
Hard Disk (Storage): Seagate 1.5 TB 32MB Cache
Optical Disk 1: ASUS 16x DVD (DVD-E616A3T)
Optical Disk 2: LG 6x Blu-Ray Rewrite with HD DVD (GGW-H20L)
Chassis: Cooler Master Storm Series Sniper
Cooling: Asetek LCLC Liquid Cool CPU Cooler
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
Mouse: Razer Lachesis
As you can see from the system specifications we are starting off with a true bad ass system that will make your LAN party buddies tremble with fear. Speaking of LAN parties, the Cooler Master Sniper is a natural choice for taking your system on the road. The Sniper has two handles that allow you to simply pick up the system with ease and move it from one place to another. We will take a closer look at the Cooler Master Sniper in the outside pictures a few pages from now.
GIGABYTE had a large supporting role to aid CyberPower in preparing the Venom settings. GIGABYTE's engineers put in a lot of time getting the system settings perfect and the Black Mamba features GIGABYTE's X58 Extreme motherboard as well as GIGABYTE's GeForce GTX 285 graphics cards that run in SLi. The X58 Extreme UD5 is one of the fastest X58 motherboards I have used to date and the layout of the board has everything you want to see in an enthusiast system. Let's also not forget the fact that the GA-EX58UD5 supports 3-way SLi and CrossFire, something that you may want to take advantage of later on down the line.
CyberPower has not jumped on the solid state bandwagon just yet for their desktop systems, but they did choose the best in traditional platter drives for the operating system boot drives. A pair of Western Digital VelociRaptors gets your system up and running very quickly and will allow you to get into a game level before most others are even connected. The VelociRaptors are a proven technology that works well in RAID 0, something that we can't always say about solid state drives.
The Black Mamba is the first full system we have reviewed to come standard with a Blu-ray writer. The LG Super Multi Blue (GGW-H20L) is able to burn DVD and Blu-ray disks as well as play back HD-DVD movies. The drive is paired with an ASUS QuieTrack 16x DVD player that will allow you to rip DVDs to the LG multi-drive on the fly. Both drives are SATA so you will not have to worry about making coasters out of your disks.
After spending an hour or so at Newegg configuring a nearly identical system, we came up with a retail price of 3961 USD. This price did not include shipping and a few components needed to be sourced from other etailers because Newegg did not have them in stock or doesn't carry them. We also didn't include the cost of the software that CyberPower installs at the factory for DVD playback in the Newegg cost.
This is very close to CyberPower's retail on the Black Mamba, but you should also consider everything that goes into building a high performance enthusiast system. For me time is the biggest expense when building any computer system. Sure I can whip up a system in under 7 minutes if everything is all laid out like it was in the Tiger Direct System Builder Contest at CES this past January; but a real world build, including software and cable routing takes me nearly half a day. I would gladly pay someone to build a system for me if it meant I had a Saturday to clean out the garage or mow the yard, anything other than sitting in the computer room putting pieces together. I have just outgrown that stage and there are several other people out there that feel the same way. These are the guys CyberPower is marketing their high performance systems to.
Let's move on and take a look at the system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard