WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, dEgompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format.
The built-in "Benchmark and Hardware test" feature allows for quick and easy comparison of decompression times between systems.
WinRAR plays heavily on processor performance and how your memory is tuned. It is no surprise that the fastest consumer desktop processor was able to give us the fastest WinRAR score we have come across in the lab.
Quickpar Create and Repair
QuickPar is a utility for creating Parity Volumes using the Reed Solomon algorithm. Parity Volumes may be used to verify that a set of files have not been corrupted, or to construct damaged files (providing that you have a sufficient quantity of Parity Volumes to match the missing or damaged files).
The same can be said about the Quickpar score. The overclocked Core i7 975 EE and fast memory were able to create and then repair our Vista file test faster than any other full system we have seen to date.
Windows Media Encoder 9
In this test we take a 2 minute 1080p video and encode it into a 720p video. Scoring is determined by the amount of time taken for the task to complete. Lower is better.
The video used for this encoding test is The Magic of Flight (IMAX) which is readily available for download on Microsoft's HD Content Showcase page.
WME took 4 minutes and 16 seconds to down sample our two minute and two second 1080P video. This is also the fastest we were ever able to perform this test.
RightMark Audio Analyser
RMAA suite is designed for testing quality of analog and digital paths of any audio devices, be it a sound card, an MP3 player, a consumer CD/DVD player or an acoustic set. The results are obtained by playing and rEgording test signals passed through the tested audio path by means of frequency analysis algorithms. A more common mark is also provided for those unfamiliar with measured technical parameters.
A new version is the result of two years of development by best experts in digital audio. RMAA 6.0 raises the bar of comfort and functionality for spectrum analyzers. That's why it is a program of choice for enthusiasts, professionals, and audio magazines around the world; and some manufacturers are developing new devices with the mandatory testing of their quality in RMAA. In short, the program at the moment is a de-facto standard providing quick and easy measurement of technical parameters, without the need to spend tens of thousands of dollars on specialized measurement systems.
I have to admit that I was surprised by the audio results produced by the latest GIGABYTE X58 Extreme board. We have seen several motherboards score an Excellent rating over the last couple of years. While a Good score is passing it just seems like the board is a little noisy for our liking when it comes to the onboard audio.
If you'd like to view a more in-depth analysis of the results with individual charts, click here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit