Now we get to look at some real, every day applications that people use. All of these tests were run as you would if working with the application directly; there are no scripts to execute and the actual applications are used.
LightWave 3D 9.3 x64
Version and / or Patch Used: 9.3 x64
Developer Homepage: http://www.newtek.com
Product Homepage: http://www.newtek.com/lightwave
These days, with the creative process, artists need to move at maximum speed in order to tackle incredible deadlines, demanding work and high expectations. Using LightWave either exclusively or in a pipeline, makes it possible for an individual, a small team or a major facility to see their dreams and ideas come to life with award-winning quality work on time and on budget. Artists all over the world say the speed, flexibility, value and control they gain with LightWave throughout the creative process lets them get it done.
LightWave is a complete modeling, rendering and animation system. Used extensively in broadcast television production, film visual effects, video game development, print graphics and visualization, LightWave is responsible for more artists winning Emmy Awards than any other 3D application.
For testing I ran version 9.3 in discovery mode and rendered frame 32 of the moon base scene (which can be found on the content CD1). Our settings were :-
Resolution - 1080i
Segment Memory - 512MB
AA filter - 7-Pass PLD
Reconstruction Filter - Gaussian Sharp
Threads - 8 (one for each physical and logical core)
Viewer resolution - 640x480
Things are pretty self explanatory here. The i7 975 knocks almost 20 seconds off of the render time while the overclocked 975 gets us close to the two-minute mark.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [A brief mention on what's new]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sisoft Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 x64]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Hyper Pi]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - LightWave 3D 9.3 x64]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AutoGK 2.55]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Cryostasis]
- Page 12 [Overclocking Results]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit