Inside the Antec Skeleton Open Air Case
Looking into the slide out trays front end is where the two optical drives can be placed on the left side. The skinnier right half is of course for the internally place hard drives. There are thumb latches that you can use for fast install and removal that I will cover later in the build section.
Sliding a release latch on both ends of the top of the side panel allows them to flop down for access to the inner workings. For instance, if the quick release drive screws aren't enough stability for your liking, there are four holes on either side to more securely mount the drives.
Spinning the Skeleton around to the back, I lifted the metal tab and the power supply tray slides right out using three plastic rails for alignment. There are four rubber pads to keep vibrations to a minimum. Also, with the openness of the trays bottom, you could also run the PSU with the fan down if you wanted to.
This is a closer look at the PSU tray. To the left side are two of the three rails that it slides back in on and the right side is where the PSU is actually screwed into place. Just for giggles I flipped my PSU in both directions and mounting alignment is good both ways.
Loosening the two thumbscrews I pointed out earlier allows them to spring out of the way so that you may slide the innards out to have better access. This tray is on bearing rails that are smooth and supportive, even when the tray is fully loaded with components.
Getting a little closer to the motherboard tray shows Antec places six of the spacers when they ship out the Skeleton. Upon inspection of the wire management holes I saw that there were three screws holding this tray into place. With a few quick spins of the screwdriver, you can easily install your components then you can apply it to the Skeleton in one piece.
While I was checking everything out, I unbundled the wiring so you could see just how much wire you have to play with inside the Skeleton. On the left is the HDD LED and system reset connections. In the middle are all the connections for the USB 2.0, HD Audio/AC'97, eSATA and IEEE 1394. This leaves us with the two to the right. These are for the system power switch and the power LED.
Moving up toward the 250mm fan atop the Skeleton are the two switches to control said fan. The top one is a three position switch to control the fan speed and the one below it is to control the LED lights or lack of light at all.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Antec Skeleton Open Air Case]
- Page 5 [Inside the Antec Skeleton Open Air Case]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build]
- Page 8 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ROME: Total War is coming to iPhone, August 23rd
- Micron Outs In-House High Performance NVMe SSD Controller
- Silicon Motion Details SM2270 Enterprise SSD Controller
- Fullbright's Gone Hone will debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Dr. Strange/Avengers buildings spotted in Spider-Man trailer
- Buy (10 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,500
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada
- Razer NOMMO Pro is Available For Purchase
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA