Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The 15.5 pound Antec Skeleton's chassis is mostly grey textured plastic on the outside and top with an all steel tray system below it. When you first get a hold of the Skeleton it does have a plastic feel to it, but it's structurally very sound with no noticeable flex in the structure when force was applied to it. Being a slight twist on a tech station type layout, the Skeleton has a larger footprint than a standard tower, but only needs 13" in total height for clearance. In reality the overall clearance should be about 15" to allow the fan to breathe correctly.
Speaking of fans, Antec ships the Skeleton with two. First and foremost is the 250mm, top mounted, Tri-Cool, multi-colored LED fan. They also ship a second optional 92mm fan assembly you may add to cool the hard drive bay area. For external bays the Skeleton only has two to use; hard drives on the other hand are a bit different. Antec includes two in the tray underneath, but also adds trays to support up to four more if needed. While not being a tower style chassis, the Antec Skeleton offers all the front panel and expansion options of them; no additional pieces are required to make the Skeleton function, such as the overlooked switch kit for powering the rig most buyers forget to add to the cart. Antec has you covered here!
Availability of the Skeleton is a mute point at this time. Taking a look at Google shopping shows me 190 hits of different e-tailer and retailers carrying stock at this time. All the favorite web based sites are included here as well as a few "box" stores, so you could even get one local possibly. So getting the Skeleton ordered and on its way isn't really the issue, it's whether or not this case style is for you and will your wallet support your decision.
Speaking of how much of a dent in your wallet the Skeleton will create, I found it available at Newegg for $149.99 with free shipping at this time. Considering most tower cases with any flow run into the $100 range, as do many tech stations, the asking price in my opinion is right on. While a tower case may be cheaper, it doesn't offer the overall ease of access to the hardware. Tech Stations offer most of what the Skeleton offers but with a lack of both the overhead fan and the unique style Antec offers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Antec Skeleton Open Air Case]
- Page 5 [Inside the Antec Skeleton Open Air Case]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build]
- Page 8 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit