I am not getting calls at 2 am the night before a launch day review just yet, but the solid state wars are starting to look like the 3DFX, ATI, Matrox and NVIDIA battles of years past. The new battle fits Intel, JMicron and newcomer Indilinx in the ring. Intel currently has a product that is very fast and on these very pages has been called a product that is two generations ahead of the competition. JMicron filled a large price void where Intel has never been able to compete. Indilinx is the new kid on the block and has leap frogged over any advantage JMicron had with price while competing directly with Intel on the speed front.
We have already reviewed a few products that use the new Indilinx Barefoot controller and have been very pleased with the results. Not only has the new controller performed better than we could have expected, but the cost of the drives they control offers users higher capacity at lower prices than the Intel controller drives.
Today we are taking a look at one of Super Talent's new Indilinx controlled drives, the UltraDrive ME. Super Talent has two product lines that are powered by Indilinx, the consumer UltraDrive ME which uses MLC memory and the UltraDrive LE, the SLC enterprise version.
Today we are going to focus on the MLC based UltraDrive ME and see how it compares to the other MLC Barefoot drives we have tested so far to date. How will the UltraDrive ME compare on the price and performance front? Read on to find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition debuts on the Switch Oct 15
- Dota 2 tournament The International: biggest prize pool ever with $33M
- NVIDIA announces GeForce NOW for Android: PC gaming on your smartphone
- Respawn CEO apologizes to gamers for devs INSULTING Apex Legends fans
- CDPR talks about how Cyberpunk 2077 will use RTX features at Gamescom
- Rivet Networks: Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 Review
- z390 phantom gaming-itx/ac buzzing from mb
- ASUS ProArt PA34VC Review: Professional-Grade UltraWide Perfection
- Corsair HS35 Stereo Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director