Okay, so I've started this review off by saying the phone is pretty mediocre. Let's now look at some redeeming features.
Charging it up and turning it on, we are greeted by the greenness that is WinMo 6.1 and when it boots into the home screen I have to admit the layout is nice and functional.
You have the date and time at the top of the menu so you can easily check it with a quick pull out of the pocket and press of a button. There are little icons with numbers beside them for missed calls, voice mail, sms and email so you can easily see what's new.
Calendar and appointments are neatly arranged and you have little shortcut menus to access music, video playback and pictures stored on the phone.
So it's laid out nicely; it gets some points back for looking good as a phone OS. But let's talk about application juggling on smartphones.
The WinMo OS uses an application manager to look after all the features of the phone you have been using. Each time you do something on the phone, it loads the process as a task and there is even a little task manager tool that you can use to go and kill memory hogging applications.
This is not something that is really necessary on a candybar phone; the most you are going to be doing with it is looking at documents and email while away from your desk and maybe playing a little solitaire.
It's becoming increasingly apparent to me that WinMo was the wrong way to go for this phone. Samsung could have made this a lot better if they had used their nice proprietary OS instead. But moving on...
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure