The MSI Wind U100 Netbook
The first time you lay eyes on the U100 the thing that really hits you is how small the computer is. The U100 makes Mini Me look like a giant. The lid to my review unit was a shiny, gloss black plastic that is prone to gathering fingerprints and smudges. If black isn't your thing you can get yours in white or pink.
This shot shows the back of the Wind U100 with the lid closed. There is really nothing to see here but the rather fat 6-cell battery sticking out under the netbook.
On the right side of the U100 hides the VGA out, RJ-45 port, headphone jack, microphone jack, memory card reader and a single USB port.
The front is much like the back of the U100, not really much to see. If you look closely, the beveled wrist rest gives you a glimpse of the status LEDs.
The left side of the U100 sports the port for the AC adapter, Kensington style lock and a pair of USB ports. The large grate you see is a heat exhaust vent.
This is a shot of the bottom of the U100. You can see the Windows sticker, the fat little 6-cell battery and the cooling grates to keep the works of the tiny netbook cool.
In this shot, you get a glimpse of the 10-inch LED backlit LCD with its matte finish that thankfully throws little glare.
Here is perhaps the most important element of any netbook -- the keyboard. Some netbooks like the older ASUS models have an odd key arrangement; the U100 puts the right shift key where it's supposed to be. The keys are small, but well spaced for a netbook. You can also see in this shot how close to the keyboard the track pad is.
The white carry pouch that looks like something straight out of the 1970's is the only accessory that came with the U100, aside from the power adapter.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The MSI Wind U100]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark05 and Video Encoding]
- Page 6 [MSI Wind U100 Hands On]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- MoonQuest comes to Steam Early Access 7 years later
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1/2 screenshots & Rookie mode
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit