Processor: AMD Athlon XP 1600+
Memory: 2x 256MB DDR-333 Kingmax (512MB)
Video Card: Leadtek GeForce3 Ti500 Ultra
Hard Disk: Seagate Barracuda ATA-3 UDMA 100 7200RPM
Drivers: nVidia Detonator v28.32
Software Used: SiSoft Sandra 2002, 3DMark2000, 3DMark2001SE, PCMark 2002 Pro, SysMark 2002, Winstone 2001, Quake III Arena, Aquanox, Jedi Knight II, Max Payne, DronezMark, Star Trek Voyager Elite Force.
Synthetic System Benchmarks
Sisoft Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) 2002 is a synthetic windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems. We use this to test the three primary systems: CPU Raw Performance, CPU Multimedia Execution Performance and Memory Bandwidth. This is all synthetic but still shows what can be accomplished.
The first two tests are simple. As expected, these two should almost be identical. If not, then there is a serious optimization path problem between the CPU and the Northbridge.
The Memory Bandwidth, on the other hand, is a totally different story. The Leadtek Motherboard, despite having a maximum theoretical throughput of 4.2GB/s, barely breaks it past 1.4GB/s. Compared to the DDR-333 KT333 chipset, you can see that nVidia has done a terrible job on the memory performance. It gets even worse when we used integrated graphics.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 3 [Features]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Everything you need to know about Samsung's new Galaxy S10
- Apex Legends' success sees spike in Apex Construct sales
- Samsung Galaxy Fold: foldable smartphone starts at $1980
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- random shutdown
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure