Looking at the card for the first time, it's clear as to where the TRI fan name comes from, with it taking up the entire card. We can see the three fans with their own shroud and there's no doubt that this cooling solution will be more efficient than the stock one we see which has a single fan at the end of the card. The main thing is that if it does cool better, we don't want noise levels to go up.
If we look carefully behind the fans we can see a giant aluminum heatsink that takes up two thirds of the card, while at the back we really only see the PCB and some of the other components that make up the graphics card.
Looking around the card, we find our power connectors towards the back. We have a single 8-pin one along with a single 6-pin one that sits a bit further to the front of the card.
Closer to the front we have a single CrossFire connector and unlike most ATI cards that have two, this one only has the single one due to the fact that it's a dual GPU based card and CrossFire technology supports up to a maximum of four cores, meaning there's no need for a dual connector setup which would give us the ability to run three or four cards.
Having a look below, we can see that ASUS has opted to use the default core and memory clock. What this means is our core comes in at 750MHz and our 2GB of GDDR5 comes in at 900MHz or 3600MHz QDR.
Looking at the card, it isn't hard to feel a bit disappointed that ASUS didn't choose to overclock the card, especially since the card does carry a massive cooler which should yield some pretty good results. With that said, though, it doesn't mean you can't overclock the card yourself.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]