Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The G.Skill Falcon is based on multi-level cell (MLC) NAND flash. Traditionally MLC has been slower than SLC drives, but since the cost is considerably lower with MLC, the development has progressed much faster. We are now starting to see MLC drives that are faster than SLC drives that have been on the market for just a couple of months.
A large portion of MLC drives new found speed can be attributed with the cache system. The Falcon Series of drives use 64MB of cache and our 128GB sample has a claimed speed of 230MB/s read with 190MB/s write. At the time of writing the Falcon was available in 64, 128 and 256GB capacities. Newegg currently lists the 128GB Falcon for 319 USD with free shipping. To put things into perspective, the OCZ Vertex that is based on the same controller is listed at 425 USD with free shipping for the 120GB model.
While you are catching up with the math I will go ahead and start showing you what the G.Skill Falcon is all about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 on ARM detailed, FUD is now spreading
- AMD's Ryzen 5 2600 is up to 31% faster than Ryzen 5 1600
- Fallout 4 mod offers 4K texture pack, looks way better
- 400-person battle royale game receives first teaser trailer
- 1440p testing for Xbox One X is coming soon
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit