G.Skill has impressed us again with their latest offering and to be honest they are making a habit of it. The new Falcon uses the latest technology and manages to beat the competition on the cost of ownership. To say that the drive is fast is an understatement; when the Falcon spreads its wings it sores above the competition.
We have several drives in our test lab right now that use the new Indilinx controller and the Falcon is just the first to be reviewed. For the last week I have been using a drive based on the controller and can tell you that the JMicron issues, no matter how subtle they were before, are now completely eliminated. As we saw in the benchmarks the Falcon was not able to completely outperform Intel's X25-M in all tests, but it is the first drive to compete and take a few of the benchmarks.
G.Skill has managed to one up the competitors again when it comes to cost. The new Falcon is nearly 90 USD cheaper than the OCZ Vertex and should perform similar while having 8 more gigabytes of usable space. Since I don't have the Vertex in house I can't say if the Falcon performs any different, but I wouldn't spend 90 Dollars more just to find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard