G.Skill has impressed us again with their latest offering and to be honest they are making a habit of it. The new Falcon uses the latest technology and manages to beat the competition on the cost of ownership. To say that the drive is fast is an understatement; when the Falcon spreads its wings it sores above the competition.
We have several drives in our test lab right now that use the new Indilinx controller and the Falcon is just the first to be reviewed. For the last week I have been using a drive based on the controller and can tell you that the JMicron issues, no matter how subtle they were before, are now completely eliminated. As we saw in the benchmarks the Falcon was not able to completely outperform Intel's X25-M in all tests, but it is the first drive to compete and take a few of the benchmarks.
G.Skill has managed to one up the competitors again when it comes to cost. The new Falcon is nearly 90 USD cheaper than the OCZ Vertex and should perform similar while having 8 more gigabytes of usable space. Since I don't have the Vertex in house I can't say if the Falcon performs any different, but I wouldn't spend 90 Dollars more just to find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases