Package and Contents
First up, as always, the package. ASUS has gone with the traditional blue box design that denotes its mainstream Intel boards. Since Intel's colour of choice is blue, ASUS has followed suit. The box is of standard size for ATX boards; no oversized box here, which means we won't get as much inside the package as we did with the OC Palm or Rampage II Extreme boards. However, knowing ASUS we will get enough to keep us going.
On the back of the box ASUS has put a full colour photo with box-outs explaining the features of the board along with a full spec list on the side, which is an identical replica to the spec sheet found on the P6T6 WS Revolution page on the ASUS website. Kudos on the extra info here ASUS.
ASUS hasn't gone overboard with the reference material; there is a single user manual, however, it's almost as thick as a Steven King novel with all the info on board setup, specs, features, BIOS setup and software explanations for the included software on the DVD, which also details use of the EPU-6 power saving system that the board has built in to reduce overall system power usage when idle, as well as when under light to moderate loads.
When we said we didn't expect a whole lot in the way of accessories, we didn't quite expect to see this much in the box. First off, there are six SATA data cables along with a Molex to SATA power converter as well as a single IDE cable supporting two drives and two SAS to SATA converters with built in Molex power plugs.
The board doesn't come with any onboard power or reset switches as standard; however, for the enthusiast who will get this board for overclocking and the six PCIe x16 slots, ASUS incorporated a daughter card that plugs into a header on the bottom of the board which gives it a power on/off switch, reset button and a POST code reader.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sisoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Unreal is free for 2 days to celebrate its 20th anniversary
- Epic: $3 million charity prize pool for Fortnite at E3 2018
- Epic invests $100 million into eSports scene for Fortnite
- NZXT announces Battle Royale H700i 'Ninja Edition' case
- PUBG performance improvements, limb penetration coming soon
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit