The TEG-240WS is intended as an enterprise class product, but it has some significant performance improvements that make it work in a LAN Party setup or in a mixed home network for the enthusiast or Pro-Sumer. Advanced features like Jumbo Frame, Trunking, IGMP and VLANs make it a very versatile product.
The VLAN feature makes it practical to use as a single solution for a home office, home network, console network setup while the TEG-240WS' processor has the power to keep all of those networks running at top speed.
As the lines blur between what was formerly an enterprise only configuration and what we see in the future for home networks, products like the TEG-240WS will find their way into more and more homes. The price tag of249.99 USD will be a small price to pay for the features and functions, while products like Windows Home Server, Sage Media Server and other home media servers will only serve to quicken the trip of the TEG-240WS and its smaller bother, the 16-port TEG-160WS into the home.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Remedy's new game 'P7' expected for release in 2019
- Someone just bought close to $400 million worth of Bitcoin
- Dragon Ball FighterZ first DLC unlocks Broly, Bardock
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit