Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The specifications look competitive for a moderate capacity power supply with a decent 18 amps available on each of the four 12V rails for 55 amps combined. Assuming normal 3.3V and 5.0V loads, this will work out to a more modest 52 amps which is still plenty of power. The question will be how well the power supply can deliver this power to the PC system. It all comes down to how the power is divided across the available rails. We will see if this unit has the right blend.
A review of the features comes up strong with a couple of exceptions; the 50C rating and 80 plus certification. Since the published ATX standard only requires the manufacturer to rate the PSU at an unrealistically low 25C operating temperature, the true power rating may be significantly less at 50C. A quick check of the included manual does indicate the FSP Group POWER_MOD 700W is rated at this lower 25C operating temperature. This fact is noted in the manual along with another interesting note about a significantly lower 600W capacity at 50C. Assuming your system operates at a more realistic operating temperature of 40 to 45C, the power supply will likely deliver about 620 to 640 Watts if the specification holds true.
The box makes no claim to the 80 Plus certification. This seems a little odd considering FSP Group offers so many other 80 plus certified models. A quick review of the certified list offers a dizzying array of potential candidates that have similar 700W capacity, but none look to be a verifiable match. This is not necessarily a negative since almost everything FSP Group manufactures is 80 plus certified, so you could probably assume this unit is based on one of the certified units. We will see if this unit is indeed 80% efficient under load.
The power supply is available from many online etailers with prices ranging from about $110 to $150. Newegg lists the power supply for 114.99 U.S. Dollars at the time of writing. FSP also sell direct at ShopFSP.com; you can find a listing for it here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [In the Box]
- Page 5 [The Power Supply]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Everything you need to know about Samsung's new Galaxy S10
- Apex Legends' success sees spike in Apex Construct sales
- Samsung Galaxy Fold: foldable smartphone starts at $1980
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- random shutdown
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure