Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The specifications look competitive for a moderate capacity power supply with a decent 18 amps available on each of the four 12V rails for 55 amps combined. Assuming normal 3.3V and 5.0V loads, this will work out to a more modest 52 amps which is still plenty of power. The question will be how well the power supply can deliver this power to the PC system. It all comes down to how the power is divided across the available rails. We will see if this unit has the right blend.
A review of the features comes up strong with a couple of exceptions; the 50C rating and 80 plus certification. Since the published ATX standard only requires the manufacturer to rate the PSU at an unrealistically low 25C operating temperature, the true power rating may be significantly less at 50C. A quick check of the included manual does indicate the FSP Group POWER_MOD 700W is rated at this lower 25C operating temperature. This fact is noted in the manual along with another interesting note about a significantly lower 600W capacity at 50C. Assuming your system operates at a more realistic operating temperature of 40 to 45C, the power supply will likely deliver about 620 to 640 Watts if the specification holds true.
The box makes no claim to the 80 Plus certification. This seems a little odd considering FSP Group offers so many other 80 plus certified models. A quick review of the certified list offers a dizzying array of potential candidates that have similar 700W capacity, but none look to be a verifiable match. This is not necessarily a negative since almost everything FSP Group manufactures is 80 plus certified, so you could probably assume this unit is based on one of the certified units. We will see if this unit is indeed 80% efficient under load.
The power supply is available from many online etailers with prices ranging from about $110 to $150. Newegg lists the power supply for 114.99 U.S. Dollars at the time of writing. FSP also sell direct at ShopFSP.com; you can find a listing for it here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [In the Box]
- Page 5 [The Power Supply]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- League of Legends is 26.42% of global gaming traffic share
- Intellivision's new $150 console has online store, new games
- Steam grows to 90 million monthly active users
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct