I get quite a few coolers to test that pass over my desk. Most of these coolers follow the basic tower design and heatpipes of various quantities and diameters that remove the heat either by directly touching the IHS of the CPU, or removing it from an aluminum or copper base. What soon follows after the design is to start looking at a sufficient cooling mechanism or a high CFM fan in most instances. We should all know by now that with high CFM fans brings with them an elevated noise level as well.
Very few CPU cooler manufacturers are actually moving to the realm of silent cooling; this leading to a more enjoyable user experience. There seems to me almost a magic number at the 65-70 decibel range for me personally, where a fan becomes almost too much noise for daily use; but every user has a different take on the noise levels that are comfortable for them.
Thermaltake is one of the smaller percentages of manufacturers that are taking the jump to silent computing. They have developed a line of ISGC, or Inspiration of Silent Gaming Cooling CPU coolers. Thermaltake incorporates a new fan to cool this line-up of coolers, the Pure Silence ISGC Fan 12. This fan provides a decent amount of CFM and has some technology involved to keep the noise levels down to a whisper while in use. More on these fans will be discussed later in this review.
Today I take a look at one of these Inspiration of Silent Gaming CPU coolers, the ISGC-300 from Thermaltake. Incorporating the Pure Silence ISGC Fan 12, this stands to be one of the quieter coolers we have tested. Really, with a name like Pure Silence, what would you expect? Time again, to see if Thermaltake can meet or exceed my expectations and get into the business at hand.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake ISGC-300 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA cancels new Star Wars game, disrupts release timeline
- New Evil Dead game still happening
- Digital-only Xbox One may have pre-loaded services, games
- Xbox Game Pass is wildly successful
- Netflix's new price hike is biggest in company history
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Comparison of directory opus and xyplorer
- Z390 Taichi Error Code 99 and A2
- The Silent Guardian: Antec present new Quiet Computing P101 Silent
- A Hero's Journey - Latest Total War: Three Kingdoms Cinematic Showcases A Jaw-Dropping China
- Pre-Order Metro Exodus From Any Physical Retailer To Secure An Exclusive Poster
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment An IO Interactive Launch Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
- Acer Debuts All-New Swift 7 with Compact Design and Incredible Screen-to-body Ratio