The Xigmatek Cuirassier-N002
Here we have both Cuirassiers from opposite sides. Both are topped with a ten fin array for additional cooling, each half containing five if those. The Cuirassiers can be separated easily by removing the three Phillip's head screws and gently lifting off one half.
After removal of the three screws, this is what you are left with. The extruded aluminum is molded on both sides to accept the depth needed to nestle IC's in both halves. I would imagine with some modification these could be used for single sided memory, but as you can tell, the Cuirassiers are not designed out of the box to work with less than double sided memory. You can also tell, once split, how each half has a different stagger to the aluminum fins allowing them to slide between each other when reassembled.
Xigmatek used a pressed on approach to the fins. This allows them to be adjusted as well, if you do have any mishaps, or even possibly drop it. The fins can be easily re-bent and adjusted back into proper alignment, if needed.
Looking at half of the fins from the top, you can see there is also a toothed design cut into the fins. This allows both halves again to nestle right into each other and create a good sized, in surface area, fin arrangement.
Just to get another look at the way these are designed. This angle shows the depth of the "shelf" for the IC's and the silicone to be "clamped" into place for each side. If you were going to try these on single sided memory you would need to fill this gap somehow. Now you can really see why Xigmatek says these are for double-sided memory only.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Cuirassier-N002]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Memory and Preparation]
- Page 7 [Installation of the Cuirassiers]
- Page 8 [Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's new patch adds replayable missions, tweaks loot
- NVIDIA better celebrate 4/20 with GeForce 420.00 drivers
- Like Twin Peaks and X-Files? Check out Remedy's Control
- Why EA is firing 350 employees: it's all about business
- Hitman 2 'Expansion Pass' update adds DX12 support, March 26
- Fan xpert 4 resets at every restart
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- The Division 2 Benchmarked: 20 Graphics Cards Tested
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Animoca Brands partners with Formula 1 to develop 'F1 Delta Time' blockchain game
- ENP Games, Mobile Game 'Wall-Breaking Master: Ballvader 2' Featured In Google Play
- Match Ventures is now free
- First Gameplay Video from Glorious Companions revealed - 10 minutes of Developer Commentary
- Kursk with a Great Discount on Steam!