Looking at the card for the first time, there isn't a whole lot to see here thanks to the Arctic Xtreme cooler that Galaxy has opted for. It pretty much covers every inch of the card with us only really seeing three 92mm fans that span from one end of the card to the other.
There's more to the cooler than just a few fans, though. We've got five heat-pipes that run under them to help move the heat away from the core and we have a huge number of aluminum fins. With the help of the fans the heat then gets taken off the card as quickly as possible.
Taking the time to quickly look around the card, we see there isn't anything else too out of the ordinary. Towards the back of the card we have two power connectors; one an 8-Pin while the other being a 6-Pin.
Closer to the front of the card we have two SLI connectors which give us the ability to run up to three cards. That might be a bit difficult, though, with the cooler taking up a bit of space on the motherboard and covering our second PCI-E 16x slot on the EX58-UD5.
Included in the connectivity department are two Dual-Link DVI connectors and a single S-Video out port. We can also see here there's a vent to let the hot air escape and behind it we can also see some of the copper heat pipes that are present on the card.
As far as specifications go, there are two major changes in this GTX 285 from Galaxy. The first is the massive 2GB of memory they have chosen to include. The second is the memory clock; they have used slightly slower memory so they have had to decrease the clock to 2400MHz DDR instead of the stock 2484MHz DDR.
Apart from these two changes everything else is stock, which means the core comes in at 648MHz while the shader clock is 1476MHz. With the massive cooler on offer and the down clock in memory, it would have been nice to see Galaxy increase the core, but instead they have opted for something that should run quieter and cooler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- Samsung's new GDDR6 should power next-gen GeForce RTX 2080
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution