The Soyo P4S 645DX Dragon was a rather impressive board on the eye and the same applied to the tests we performed on it compared to the I845G. If you're looking for a board not so much for hardcore overclocking but one its share of features and moderate speed, this board is second to none.
Performance was at a superb high, showing that Soyo have squeezed the speeds out of the improved 645DX chipset from SiS, making it a true Intel alternative.
Compatibility wise, we had a few hitches with the 961 Southbridge not liking our Maxtor hard disk - Swapping it out for a Seagate, IBM or Western Digital all worked fine.
Overclocking wise, the board has plenty of features for this, but lacks the stability to go anywhere with them. When doing our tests this board would crash out at rather slow speeds compared to many other boards we have tested - The Northwood voltage issue needs to be addressed with this board, as setting the Vcore above 1.75v caused this board to stall at post on us forcing us to revise our settings.
- DDR-333 Support
- USB 2.0 Support
- Highpoint Raid
- Uses older 961 Southbridge instead of 961B or 962.
Rating: 8.5 out of 10.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- P4S 645DX Dragon - Page 1 [Introduction]
- P4S 645DX Dragon - Page 2 [Specifications]
- P4S 645DX Dragon - Page 3 [Features]
- P4S 645DX Dragon - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- P4S 645DX Dragon - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- P4S 645DX Dragon - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- P4S 645DX Dragon - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- P4S 645DX Dragon - Page 8 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- P4S 645DX Dragon - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve CEO teases Half-Life 3 to release in next '4-5 years'
- To get into Mortal Kombat 11 closed beta you'll have to pay
- Facebook will use new AI technology to remove 'revenge porn'
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, step into the combat of a shinobi
- Google's game service lets you piggyback off streamers saves
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms