Setup and Installation
The TK-IP101 and TK-423K combination is not difficult to setup, but it does take some time to make sure it is done properly. When first setting up the two KVMs, you want to plug in your keyboard, mouse and monitor to the TK-IP101, then connect that to your extra KVM (in our case, the TK-423K). Next, attach your systems to the individual ports.
After connecting everything, plug both KVMs into power. Then connect the TK-IP101 to a single system for configuration.
The TK-IP101 comes with an IP address of 192.168.1.200 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0). You will need to give the system you are using an IP address in this subnet (192.168.1.x).
Once you have done that, connect a LAN cable between the two. Open up your favourite flavour of internet browser and browse to 192.168.1.200:5908. If this will not connect, just put https:// in front of the IP address and it should. Ignore warnings about the certificate for now and dive in.
The first screen you come to during the setup is the home screen; here you see the general layout of the server web setup. Your next setup step should be to click on the "Main" button and head for the LAN TCP/IP page.
On the LAN TCP/IP page you will want to setup a Static IP Address that matches your network. You can also add in your domain name and other LAN information. Click Store Settings and you are ready to move on.
The next stop on your setup should be the Date/Time page. If your date and time are too far off, you will not be able to connect. After clicking Store Settings you can move to the next step.
The next stop when doing your initial setup is to hit the Main Setting Page, under the KVM server section. Here is where you can setup your connected KVM. In our case we setup the TK-423R as it was the closest to the TK-423K we had. You also have video quality settings and scan settings (it will check the attached systems to make sure they are there).
The final step is the KVM Switch Database. Here, as with the Main Settings page you need to select your KVM attached. You can also setup the Escape Hot Key Sequence. This is to setup the hot key sequence to switch between systems; make sure you know the correct sequence for your KVM. Click Store Settings one more time and then click the Apply Settings button.
Once you have done this the TK-IP101 will reboot and you can connect it directly to your LAN.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate goes Hunger Games on Adult Swim
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019