Web Based Interface
The web based interface for the Air Live WN-300R is pretty well laid out. I was pleasantly surprised to note that some thought had gone into the layout; it is fairly intuitive to use with a few exceptions that I will list below.
The first page you are greeted with after you login is the home page that shows basic information about the status of your WN-300R. The setup wizard is good to use if you have never setup a router before, but does not cover the wireless setup parts. You also are not asked to setup the time zone or to change the Admin Password.
After you are finished with the basic setup, you may want to take a look at some other options. In the LAN setting page you can change the internal IP address of the WN-300R as well as the range of IP addresses that the internal DHCP server uses.
Next up is the Mode screen; here you can set the mode of the router. Your options are AP mode and Router. After Mode you have the Password control screen; here you can change your admin password.
From here we get into the advanced menus and really have control over the way the WN-300R works. For wireless setups the two most important screens are the Options and Mode screens.
Under options you can set your region, the 802.11 mode, channel, SSID isolation and the options to use the dual band feature allowing for both 20MHz and 40MHz broadcasts. This last one helps with SSID Isolation as it allows for independent broadcasts on the two frequencies. With this enabled SSID2 also does not see workstations attached to the LAN ports.
Next up is the Mode screen; here are your options to set the wireless operation mode. Your choices are AP Mode, Station - Infrastructure, Bridge - Point to Point, Bridge - Point to Multi Point, WDS Repeater and Universal Repeater. You can enable or disabled the two SSIDs as well as configure security separately for each.
Under the Admin section you have options and settings for QoS, advance routing, port forwarding (by single port and port range), access control, usage scheduling and DMZ.
One thing I found odd was the use of Mode in multiple places; there was no obvious setting to items such as time, date, time zone etc. These you have to dig for before the time zone and NTP settings pop up on the Schedule page.
One nice option is to have logs and events e-mailed to you. You can set this up to send you an e-mail if it detects a DoS (denial of Service) attack, Port Scan Attempt or if someone attempts to access a blocked site or IP address. You can also schedule the logs to be sent to you on a routine, with send times as low as hourly.
The built in Log Viewer leaves a lot to be desired, though; it is cramped, difficult to read and requires scrolling left and right for even the simplest entries.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Low-end Switch to replace 3DS handheld
- Death Stranding isn't in testing phases yet
- Valve wants to use your brain as a controller
- Two new Nintendo Switch models to release around summer 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11: Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung added to roster
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28
- Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash Invites You to Celebrate When it Releases April 10 on PC
- PUBG Mobile Reveals Its 2019 eSports Plans Which Will Feature A Prize Pool of $2.5 million USD