I have had my doubts about power line adapters due to their slower 200Mbps maximum speeds. However, after working with a couple of sets I have changed my mind about them. I still highly recommend a surge protector with an RJ-45 connection; this will help in the event of a surge through the power lines. The HP-3000E from Air Live is a very nice kit. The setup utility is very easy to use and the adapters are a nice neutral color so they will not stand out (unless they are out in plain view).
Performance was great, even allowing for HD video to be streamed through them without stutter. The Air Live kit is more expensive than some of the other kits out and this puts it off as there is not a noticeable performance gain between the kits. There was also no QoS ability with the Air Live version of the Power Line setup utility; this is sort of a letdown as it could be helpful for managing traffic like gaming and streaming video.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM