Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis
Since the RV01 was already on its back, I figured I might as well start there. This is the removable and washable filter that slides under the PSU to keep dust at bay and out of your power supply.
Back up to the top front, we see that gently pressing on the rear of this panel, it opens to reveal the front I/O panel. This consists of two USB 2.0 ports, an IEEE1394 port and two audio 3.5mm jacks.
As I stated earlier, the rear top piece is removable. Just unlock both screws following the arrows, gently slide it to the rear of the case a bit and then lift it straight off.
After removing the top rear cover you can tell something isn't quite right here. The RAVEN rear I/O and expansion slots are in fact in the top of the case.
The front door of the RV01 that covers the optical drive bays slides down behind the lower half of the cover and clicks and locks into place. The door will stay open until you press down on it to release the lock.
I realize it's hard to get an "action" shot of the door, but after you release the lock the door automatically rises into place, as it was doing when I took this image.
Removing the door reveals the real "twist" to this concept and design. SilverStone has taken the usual ATX form factor and laid it on its side. This 90° "twist" is not only very appealing to look at as you will soon see, but it also is backed by the simplest law of heat, convection. With the rear I/O and expansion slots at the top, in this instance it allows heat to naturally travel up and out through all of your components.
Blocking the main board area is a bar that SilverStone designed to aid in keeping the bigger graphics cards from wanting to pull away from the motherboard. The back of this bar has "fingers" backed with a rubber tip that ratchet and lock into position once pressed against the card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 6 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued]
- Page 7 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued Again]
- Page 8 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 9 [The Build]
- Page 10 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Overwatch Monopoly, action figures are on their way
- Samsung bows out of the Blu-ray player market in the US
- NVIDIA's gaming division bleeds out, revenues down 45%
- AMD rumored to launch 7nm Navi GPUs on 7/7
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage