Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis
Since the RV01 was already on its back, I figured I might as well start there. This is the removable and washable filter that slides under the PSU to keep dust at bay and out of your power supply.
Back up to the top front, we see that gently pressing on the rear of this panel, it opens to reveal the front I/O panel. This consists of two USB 2.0 ports, an IEEE1394 port and two audio 3.5mm jacks.
As I stated earlier, the rear top piece is removable. Just unlock both screws following the arrows, gently slide it to the rear of the case a bit and then lift it straight off.
After removing the top rear cover you can tell something isn't quite right here. The RAVEN rear I/O and expansion slots are in fact in the top of the case.
The front door of the RV01 that covers the optical drive bays slides down behind the lower half of the cover and clicks and locks into place. The door will stay open until you press down on it to release the lock.
I realize it's hard to get an "action" shot of the door, but after you release the lock the door automatically rises into place, as it was doing when I took this image.
Removing the door reveals the real "twist" to this concept and design. SilverStone has taken the usual ATX form factor and laid it on its side. This 90° "twist" is not only very appealing to look at as you will soon see, but it also is backed by the simplest law of heat, convection. With the rear I/O and expansion slots at the top, in this instance it allows heat to naturally travel up and out through all of your components.
Blocking the main board area is a bar that SilverStone designed to aid in keeping the bigger graphics cards from wanting to pull away from the motherboard. The back of this bar has "fingers" backed with a rubber tip that ratchet and lock into position once pressed against the card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 6 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued]
- Page 7 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued Again]
- Page 8 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 9 [The Build]
- Page 10 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit