Premium packaging to surround a premium product is what SilverStone brings to the table with the SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis. Now let's break that name down and see if they can stand up to the name. Extreme, the design in and of itself is extreme. The 90° "twist" of the RAVEN RV01's layout is very extreme. Enthusiast? - I have to agree here as well. Only an enthusiast can truly appreciate the potential of this cases design and abundance of features. With all this packaged in a stealth bomber inspired, matte black inside and out, chassis with a window, what more could one ask for?
After I took the initial case images and got a really good look inside of the RAVEN RV01, it didn't take me long to realize this was going to be my next case to sit next to me on my desk top. Realizing this, I used all of my gaming rigs components as they were and got them ready for assembly. This is where I ran into a couple of snags. These aren't problems for every user, but they need to be addressed all the same. With the choice of my components I ran into the fact that my 8-pin power line was just out of reach. This is because of the bottom mounting of the PSU and the fact the wire isn't that long. A simple adapter will solve that issue. The second, the cooler I chose to use is one of the bigger coolers on the market. The overall height is fine, but to use the two fans I have on it, they block the support bar from being put into place at the end of the build. Slightly disappointing, but if I had chosen a different cooler I'm sure the bar could screw back into place. Those are the couple of things to keep in mind if you choose to build your rig inside the RV01.
With an asking price of $249.99, plus shipping at Newegg, this case is right on the money with what it just replaced on my desk, which was the Xclio 1000. That case was large and had some features, but in no way compares to what SilverStone has with the RAVEN SST-RV01B-W. This case is rock solid and super simple to work with. As I said, I actually had to install ten risers and screws, then four more for the PSU and a last set of eight for both HDD's. How hard is that? - Not only do I think the concept of rotating the motherboard tray will catch on with other manufacturers, but I'm sure some will mimic this case. Do you want to wait that long to have the newest concept in case technology?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 6 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued]
- Page 7 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued Again]
- Page 8 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 9 [The Build]
- Page 10 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom to release three big games every fiscal year
- Black Ops 4 Blackout battle royale has split-screen
- Red Dead Redemption 2 required ruthless crunch at Rockstar
- AMD Radeon RX 590 turns up on the 3DMark database
- Treyarch release Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 patch notes
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Trimble Introduces Next Generation Wireless Data Recorder for Smart Wastewater and Stormwater Monitoring
- Cooler Master Debuts the World's First Analog Keypad
- Cooler Master Announces Hyper 212 Black Edition
- The new ALIENWARE m15 gaming laptop
- Where's Baby Launches on Steam!