GameRigs Ego- Internals
On the inside we see that that everything is wired up and the wires are tucked away as best they can be. The case doesn't offer a lot of places to tuck wires away, but GameRigs was able to get the job done with the options they were provided.
Being a budget system, the stock Intel cooler was used for the build. I am not really a fan of this practice since the stock Intel cooler has a tendency to spin at high speeds when gaming, causing a lot of acoustic issues. Even with a case like the one used by GameRigs, you can hear the damn fan when it goes into turbo mode. For me, very few things are as annoying as getting into a game and having the CPU or GPU fan kick into a mode that can be heard a room away.
GameRigs went to extremes with the memory for our sample system. Here we see that the memory has been treated with a custom finish, just like the case.
On the bottom we see the mighty EVGA 9800 GTX+ and all of the cables attached to the motherboard.
On the top we found a Lite-On SATA DVD-RW and more cable routing.
The sole hard drive in the budget build was a 250GB Seagate that is based on an older Maxtor template. The drive is very thin. There is enough space in the case to add four more drives; five in total.
Both of the side panels use a medium density foam to help reduce the noise level coming from the internal components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA partner with Velan Studios to publish new team-based IP
- Apple TV+ is a new video streaming service to combat Netflix
- Battlefield V battle royale mode Firestorm is now live
- ASUS installs malware onto tens of thousands of PCs
- Network Next boss teases reducing latency by 20-30ms
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Back to Bed arrives to Nintendo Switch April 11th!
- First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sooma
- Warframe Approaches 50 million Player Mark At Sixth-Year Anniversary
- KILL la KILL - IF leads the pack of a whole slew of new Arc America info!
- Ubisoft Announces The Final Details Of The Just Dance World Cup 2019