Across the board we've seen some good gains from the HD 4890 when compared to the HD 4870. With that said, though, it's not next generation gains, which is fine since ATI chose to keep the card a part of the HD 4800 series. If they had come out and called it a HD 5870 it would have been a lot more disappointing as we would have expected something that would really give the GTX 285 a run for its money.
Diving more in to the Sapphire part of the card, there isn't much to say about the card itself. It uses the default clocks, which are a nice increase from the HD 4870 and also the stock cooler which, while doing a better job at cooling, is also louder.
But the package is where Sapphire has really shined. While they haven't included anything in the line of full version games, they have added a nice little package which includes 3DMark Vantage, PowerDVD and Cyberlink DVD Suite. It really is a step up from what a lot of other companies offer.
If you're an ATI fan and you want to upgrade the HD 4870, this is a good jump that should give you a nice performance increase over your current card. If you're using something even older than a HD 4870 then the performance increase will be very much appreciated.
The HD 4890 is a nice card that looks to have a nice launch price. While NVIDIA are still ultimately the king when it comes to downright performance, ATI continue to offer its users and fans good valued products.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam grows to 90 million monthly active users
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct