Is it cramped in here or just me?
With all the cables connected, you can see it gets a little bit cramped and cable routing becomes a bit of a challenge, even for the veterans of case modding.
One issue I had with the motherboard and heatsink combination is the fouling of the SO-DIMM laptop style RAM modules; while not preventing operation of the system, it just makes us reviewers suck air through our teeth the whole time.
Firing the system up, there is very little in way of discernable noise coming from the system; the steel does a good job of silencing most of the internal whirrings and noises that beefier systems tend to make.
The first thing to do was test the ability of the case to remain cool under pressure; so I fired up a mixed mode burn in, taxing the CPU, the RAM and the chipsets to get the maximum power dissipation.
After an hour, the case temperatures levelled out at a mediocre 55degrees with a gentle breeze of warm air emanating from the exhaust port to warm my cold hands on. While this is a tad on the warm side for my liking, it is important to remember this is a very compact form factor case, so there is nowhere for hot air to go but out through the exhaust port. So you are likely to get readings from the warm air coming straight off the HSF before it is being extracted.
Overall, I would say this case is an ideal solution for anyone looking to build an ITX setup without breaking the bank. However, it would probably be better coupled with a lower powered system such as an Atom based ITX so there is less thermal build-up inside the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [The blackness engulfs us]
- Page 2 [Bullseyes and T16's]
- Page 3 [Don't stop 'till you pop!]
- Page 4 [Naked on the inside]
- Page 5 [Half the height; half the calories]
- Page 6 [Slam in the lamb!]
- Page 7 [Is it cramped in here, or is it just me?]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ROME: Total War is coming to iPhone, August 23rd
- Micron Outs In-House High Performance NVMe SSD Controller
- Silicon Motion Details SM2270 Enterprise SSD Controller
- Fullbright's Gone Hone will debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Dr. Strange/Avengers buildings spotted in Spider-Man trailer
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Buy (10 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,500
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada
- Razer NOMMO Pro is Available For Purchase
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA