Is it cramped in here or just me?
With all the cables connected, you can see it gets a little bit cramped and cable routing becomes a bit of a challenge, even for the veterans of case modding.
One issue I had with the motherboard and heatsink combination is the fouling of the SO-DIMM laptop style RAM modules; while not preventing operation of the system, it just makes us reviewers suck air through our teeth the whole time.
Firing the system up, there is very little in way of discernable noise coming from the system; the steel does a good job of silencing most of the internal whirrings and noises that beefier systems tend to make.
The first thing to do was test the ability of the case to remain cool under pressure; so I fired up a mixed mode burn in, taxing the CPU, the RAM and the chipsets to get the maximum power dissipation.
After an hour, the case temperatures levelled out at a mediocre 55degrees with a gentle breeze of warm air emanating from the exhaust port to warm my cold hands on. While this is a tad on the warm side for my liking, it is important to remember this is a very compact form factor case, so there is nowhere for hot air to go but out through the exhaust port. So you are likely to get readings from the warm air coming straight off the HSF before it is being extracted.
Overall, I would say this case is an ideal solution for anyone looking to build an ITX setup without breaking the bank. However, it would probably be better coupled with a lower powered system such as an Atom based ITX so there is less thermal build-up inside the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [The blackness engulfs us]
- Page 2 [Bullseyes and T16's]
- Page 3 [Don't stop 'till you pop!]
- Page 4 [Naked on the inside]
- Page 5 [Half the height; half the calories]
- Page 6 [Slam in the lamb!]
- Page 7 [Is it cramped in here, or is it just me?]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Need for Speed: Payback teased at 4K on GTX 1080 Ti
- AMD is making a self-driving AI processor for Tesla
- Fortnite has a PUBG-style Battle Royale game mode coming
- Google buys HTC's mobile division for $1.1 billion
- Project CARS 2 dev working on Fast and the Furious game
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower