Setup and Installation
Setup of the ASUS WL-500g Premium V2 was very simple; after you connect your new router to your network you simply open your favourite browser and it will automatically direct you to the quick setup utility. The first part of this is an auto detection of your connection type (Static, Dynamic, PPPOE, etc).
If the WL-500g Premium V2 cannot figure out your connection type or you want to manually configure it, you will find that ASUS has added in some great flexibility. You have options for a wide selection of connection types including PPTP and L2TP.
After you have configured your connection type it will prompt you to setup your wireless as well as advanced settings (such as changing your user name and password). You can only choose one or the other for some reason. I chose the wireless setup but was not able to use the quick setup to configure advanced options. I had to adjust those later.
As you can see, the quick setup covers pretty much everything you need to get your wireless setup secured; you can choose the SSID (name) type of authentication and the strength/type. After that you are finished with the quick setup utility.
As far as setup goes, this is one of the better ones I have seen. If ASUS had only included a requirement to change the admin password and warning about UPnP in this setup, I would say it was the best one out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series