Memory has come along way and the benchmarks you saw on the previous page are a testament to great companies making great RAM. Here are our thoughts on each memory module...
While slower then the other RAM brands here the Micron is the cheapest out of the lot. With a rated speed of PC133 yet able to reach 150Mhz with only a slight VIO increase this RAM is very impressive for the dollars paid.
Mushkin memory while fast is quite expensive RAM. Like many other companies you are paying mostly for a name brand, however, the technical support along with the sheer quality of the RAM doesn't in my mind justify the price. I know there are many of you out there with Mushkin RAM that beg to differ and I respect that but from what I have seen this RAM just seems to be missing that extra bit of performance that would win me over.
OCZ Enhanced Thoughts
OCZ RAM is the most inexpensive RAM we reviewed. While it maybe built by Micron it does perform better than micron and surprisingly outperforms the Mushkin HSDRAM. The 6 layer PCB helps overclocking and being only single sided this also helps to reduce some costs along with aid overclocking and consumes less power.
The Kingmax PC150 SDRAM by far won me over. Costing less then Mushkin or OCZ and performing up to 166Mhz with a VIO of 3.7 - this RAM fly's! In Kingmax's earlier spell with the original TinyBGA PC133 RAM was a bit tricky and had some compatibility issues with some boards but not this time, Kingmax have ironed out all the bugs and have gained the highest memory bus speed in this roundup.
Micron Rating: 7/10
Mushkin Rating: 8/10
OCZ Enhanced Rating: 9/10
Kingmax Rating: 9.5/10 and Editors Choice for PC150 SDRAM Class
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 1
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 2
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 3
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 4
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series