TEST SYSTEM SETUP
Processor - AMD Athlon 900Mhz, Intel Pentium III 733Mhz
RAM - 256mb RDRAM PC800
Motherboard - Epox EP-8KTA3 (KT133A), ABIT BX133 RAID
Video Card - ABIT Geforce 2 GTS 64MB
Operating System - Windows 98 SE
Drivers - AGP GART 4.04, Det3 rev 6.47
Software - SiSandra 2001, 3Dmark2000
Results - Highest Obtainable RAM Speed (AMD)
To get these results, we used the + PCI Clock Divider option to get these speeds show above. For the Kingmax to obtain such a high speed the RAM settings were 3-3-3 all and a VIO of 3.7v was applied on the Epox motherboard. At 166Mhz, this Kingmax RAM was rock stable in all operations.
Results - SISandra 2001 Memory Benchmark (150MHz, AMD)
The Kingmax memory wins this round, just infront of OCZ. All memory was set at CAS2, DIMM interleaving was enabled and memory path set to turbo, all for added speed while remaining stable.
Results - SISandra 2001 Memory Benchmark (155MHz, AMD)
In this benchmark the memory is more even. The reason being is that at this speed the CAS on the Kingmax had to be dropped to 3 instead of 2, however some nice scores all the same. OCZ and Kingmax memory were only included in this benchmark.
Results - SISandra 2001 Memory Benchmark (166MHz, AMD)
In this test we used the highest RAM speed score from the first grid to obtain the RAM's maximum memory bandwidth potential. Kingmax's new PC150 RAM is the only one here as it was the only one to make it to this high speed of 166Mhz. The new Kingmax TinyBGA package helps a lot. Although, TinyBGA was only one factor that allowed the memory to go this high the other factor was a IO voltage of 3.7v which was set on the motherboard to help this Kingmax reach 166Mhz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 1
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 2
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 3
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 4
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- THQ Nordic has 34 unannounced projects in development
- THQ buys Timesplitters IP
- Diablo III coming to Nintendo Switch
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution