OCZ Enhanced SDRAM
The Overclockerz Store was started up as a online hardware store that sells PC equipment such as memory, CPU, hard disks and video cards but more importantly they sell CPU, RAM and video cards that are pre-tested to do a certain (overclocked) speed. We were fortunate enough to receive a 128MB PC133 SDRAM stick from OCZ that was pre tested and rated to operate at 150MHz. According to Ryan from OCZ, they "hand pick" Micron memory for their chips and only the best of the best chips are used. The OCZ Enhanced, uses different chips than the green memory chips used on Micron's own brand and this is single sided 6 layer PCB for extra stability at high speeds.
In OCZ inhouse testing Ryan from OCZ told me they were able to archive higher operating frequencies then we were able to in our testing, we are not sure why this is the case though. It may have been that OCZ tested on a different chipset and resulted in better results. For example, testing was done on a VIA KT133A chipset based board and that this RAM was given to us before KT133A was even created, so this may have something to do with it... Remember, if you buy OCZ memory you very well MAY be able to get higher operating frequencies then we were able to, but this should really be considered the case for all of the memory in this roundup.
OCZ Memory Features
Maximum Rated Operating Frequency = 133MHz
CAS Latency = 2
RAS to CAS Delay = 2
Precharge Delay = 2
Device Cycle Time = 6.6ns
On-Board Serial Presence Detect (SPD)
JEDEC PC-133 SDRAM DIMM Compatible
While the DIMM only has an official rated speed of 133Mhz don't let this fool you, this RAM is easily capable of 150Mhz and higher.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 1
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 2
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 3
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 4
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen APU spotted with Radeon Vega M graphics
- Apple CEO: quality AR impossible with today's technology
- GoG slashes epic RPG prices for Witcher's 10th birthday
- Cyberpunk 2077 progressing according to plan, says CDPR
- New South Park game parodies frequent console updates
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard