Micron PC143 SDRAM
Micron Technology has established itself as one of the leading worldwide providers of semiconductor memory solutions. Micron's quality memory solutions serve customers in a variety of industries including computer and computer-peripheral manufacturing, consumer electronics, CAD/CAM, telecommunications, office automation, network and data processing, and graphics display. According to Micron, their mission is to be the most efficient and innovative global provider of semiconductor memory solutions and is exemplified in its short cycle times, high yields, low production costs, and die sizes that are some of the smallest in the industry. This leadership in process technology provides Micron's customers a full range of memory technology solutions that are highly competitive in terms of price and performance. Micron's products are sold and supported through a worldwide network of direct field sales personnel, franchise distributors, and independent sales.
When we first opened up the Micron PC143 SDRAM module we looked it over and found that this memory module looks just like an average SDRAM module, no special packaging of the memory chips or any other special features. On closer inspection of the memory chips, I noticed something familiar about the look of them, I went and retrieved a Micron 64MB PC133 DIMM and noticed that the memory chips on the 2 were identical. The exact same make and model, so in essence this RAM is nothing more that PC133 SDRAM that can overclock to 143Mhz and even do 150MHz. While this is nothing to be sneezed at, it does limit overclocking above 150Mhz as it is already overclocked. While most chipsets at the moment can't go above 150Mhz stable, the VIA Apollo KT133A and Intel 815E can and if you wish to go above 150Mhz then this RAM, may tend not to like this idea. The packaging of this chip is standard SDRAM, nothing spectacular.
Micron Memory Features
Maximum Rated Operating Frequency = 143MHz
CAS Latency = 3
RAS to CAS Delay = 3
Precharge Delay = 3
Device Cycle Time = 7ns
On-Board Serial Presence Detect (SPD)
JEDEC PC-133 SDRAM DIMM Compatible
This memory is overclocked from 133Mhz to 150Mhz, so as previously mentioned, this memory wouldn't be a good idea for an "above 150Mhz" FSB PC. However if you can live with 150Mhz and no higher, then I suggest you take a look at the benchmarks page, you may well be in for a surprise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 1
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 2
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 3
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 4
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit