Inside the NZXT Zero 2
Removing the side panel with the two thumbscrews reveals what NZXT packs along with the Zero 2, as well as our first peek inside it. The hardware packet is on the bottom, next to a piece of paper that is treated to keep oxidation away from the case during its overseas travels. NZXT also takes a bit of extra time to protect all the motherboard headers and front panel headers in a tiny padded sleeve.
Here we get a look at the inside of the rear panel of the Zero 2. Phillips screws release the expansion slot covers, just under the hole to snap in your I/O plate. This is flanked by two included, 120mm fans. There is a couple of inches space above the motherboard before you run into the little tab that helps support the underside of the PSU.
With the wiring out of the way, it is easier to view the drive bay set-up of the Zero 2. The third included fan is in the front of the hard drive rack. It is placed there to intake cool air from the bottom and blow across the hard drive to cool it, before it enters the case.
This view is to help me explain the set-up of the bays. The punched holes act as guides for the screw-less rail concept. I will get to that hardware in a bit.
Next to these bays in the floor, NZXT adds a dust filter that can easily be removed to mount a fan for added circulation.
With the rear door removed you can see that the Zero 2 is pretty basic in design here. I would have liked to have seen a bit of wire management help in the motherboard tray, but you can't have everything for under $100.
This is a close-up of the PCB that holds connections between the outside of the case and to your motherboard. Two things I like about this. It isn't taking up room inside the top optical drive, which is the normal issue I run into. The second reason, if you choose not to use the front panel connections, they can be removed all together to reduce wire clutter.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit