Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Hitachi E7K1000 is available in three capacity sizes, 500, 750 and 1TB. All of the drives feature the same 7,200 RPM platter speeds and 32MB cache size. The 1TB drive is unique in its power rating, using .8 watts more than the two smaller models.
Like many of their competitors, Hitachi offers the E7K1000 with Bulk Data Encryption (BDE) as an option. BDE is an AES encryption scheme that makes it impossible to remove the drive from the host machine and use it to steal information from the drive.BDE is not found on standard drives like the one we are looking at here today and you would need to contact Hitachi directly to purchase the BDE enabled drives.
I searched high and low to find the 1TB E7K1000 on the market and was finally able to locate a seller listing all three capacity versions. PC Connection lists the 500GB model at 94.95 USD, the 750GB model at 180.68 USD and the 1TB like we are looking at today for 189.95.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zombieland 2 confirmed, all actors/writers return for sequel
- AORUS announces its first PSUs, RGB is missing... for now
- Ferrari designer building $2 million electric hypercar
- Opera is the first browser with a built-in crypto wallet
- Samsung announces 8Gb LPDDR5, ready for the world of 5G/AI
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit