The Hitachi E7K1000 is an enterprise class drive that gave us above average performance in nearly all tests. The large 32MB cache worked well at reducing the latency and the higher density platters helped to increase sustained transfer speed.
On the surface 1TB drives are not all that exciting, but once you dig deeper these drives are starting to become the workhorse of the enterprise and SOHO markets. Their new found price point has played a big part in that. Pair the initial cost of ownership with the new "green" feature set that reduces the operational costs and you have a win / win for enterprise users; less drives with a lower cost of operation for more space in a smaller number of servers.
Overall, the Hitachi E7K1000 is a good drive for the enterprise market. Availability is a little on the shallow side and the cost is a bit higher than the desktop versions, but in the server room the additional features of the enterprise variant are worth the additional cost. Incorporated technologies like RVS will even out the additional upfront costs over time since it will add to the drives reliability. Another feature that is often overlooked in enterprise class products is the additional 3 years of warranty over the desktop drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Minecraft boss becomes Xbox boss, replacing Phil Spencer
- Ubisoft says that the PC is the 'superior' gaming platform
- Samsung 4TB SSD teased, will cost a mighty $1900
- Samsung starts producing 16-gigabit GDDR6 for next-gen GPUs
- PUBG patched on PC, fixes performance in large-scale fights
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series