EPoX of late have had success after success. A little over three years ago, EPoX was a name unheard of, but today they are one of the biggest overclockers on the market. The 4G4A+ certainly does not tarnish this reputation.
The 4G4A+ in the stability section was unwavering. Even when running aggressive memory timings there were no hiccups at all. Overclocking stability is another of its great attributes. Able to support up to 170MHz FSB on our P4 2.4GHz 533FSB CPU shows that this board can push the limits, and the added settings in BIOS to control your overclocking are well above the average.
Feature-wise the 4G4A+ has just about everything you will want, 6 USB 2.0 ports standard due to ICH4, no need for external controllers makes this board cheaper. ATA-133 RAID controller that supports IDE UDMA made allows maximum compatibility and upgradeability in the future. In all, the board is well ahead of the pack. While the AC'97 Audio is still present, this does support 6ch audio and is reasonable quality thanks to the Realtek chip and Advance drivers. This chip is really the only AC'97 chip that provides fair quality.
USB 2.0 Standard
Could do with Firewire, but that's not essential.
Rating - 10/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 1 [Introduction]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 2 [Specifications]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 3 [Features]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM